HOLLAWAY ENVIRONMENTAL + COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
DEI+B MISSION STATEMENT
ALL are welcome here at Hollaway, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, social class, physical ability or attributes, religious values, national origin, and political beliefs. Always. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and to intentionally creating space for people to be their authentic selves.
Hollaway recognizes and honors the differences amongst our employees and celebrates the characteristics that make our team unique. By doing so, we continue to position ourselves as a leader in our industry and an example to be followed.
What does DEI+B mean at Hollaway?
Diversity – Hollaway acknowledges that employees have different backgrounds and experiences and that each brings a unique perspective to any interaction within our company. Therefore, the company empowers all employees not just to listen but to embrace diverse viewpoints from which we can all learn. We will ensure all areas of employment are objective and take steps to reduce unconscious bias to provide equal treatment to all employees.
Equity – Every effort is made to ensure that our hiring, compensation, promotion, and transfer policies are transparent and based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job-related criteria. In addition, we strive to administer equitable employment policies and practices, including compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, career development opportunities, and social and recreational programs, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local fair employment laws. By doing so, we are able to provide equal possible outcomes for every individual.
Inclusion – Hollaway seeks to create a positive work environment where all employees can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions. We are committed to our employees’ dignity and well-being and make every effort to provide all employees with a psychologically safe and professional work environment.
Belonging- Hollaway believes in building and fostering belonging in our place of work. What does that even mean? It means that ALL employees from ALL backgrounds don’t just get a seat at the table. They get to be heard, seen, and recognized for their contributions. We want everyone here to feel that they are being included and accepted for their authentic self. By truly feeling this, we can focus less on how we are perceived and more on the job at hand.
DEI+B Initiatives at Hollaway
- We prioritize respectful, collaborative, and intentional communication between employees and with our clients.
- Our DEI+ B committee meets each quarter to learn and discuss various topics, from unconscious biases to cultural competence. Our DEI&B-certified professional, Jennifer Smith, CPO, leads these efforts with the committee’s help.
- Our recruiting efforts are regularly audited to ensure that we are looking for qualified candidates in diverse communities and training our managers on reducing bias in the recruiting and interview processes.
- Our leadership team upholds an open-door policy by actively seeking feedback and suggestions on how we can improve and best support the team through 360reviews, anonymous pulse surveys, and frequent check-ins.
- Hollaway provides hybrid and remote work options to help support the need for a work-life blend amongst our employees.
- Each year, Hollaway works with an independent, third-party professional organization to conduct a salary and benefit audit to ensure that we stay fair and competitive for our company size, region, and industry.
- We ensure that our mental health and wellness plans are inclusive and culturally competent.
- Hollaway heavily subsidizes medical insurance offered to our employees, including those with dependents, to ensure that every team member has equitable access to more‑than‑adequate health coverage.
- We acknowledge the various cultures and traditions that belong to our staff. Employees can choose any holiday or other meaningful day as their floating holiday.
- We support our parents with paid parental leave. This is also extended to those wanting to adopt. We believe every parent, biological or not, should have the opportunity to properly bond with their child.
- In 2019, Hollaway became a certified Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite. Our office offers a private room dedicated to our nursing mothers.
- Through our customized Professional Development program, we offer every employee the same opportunity to grow and expand their careers at Hollaway. We strive to promote from within and empower all team members to be leaders.
- We provide various outlets for the team to present concerns without facing backlash or retaliation. This is done through stay interviews, one-on-ones, pulse surveys, 360 reviews, and yearly engagement surveys.
Core Values at Hollaway
Our core values at Hollaway are at the heart of this sense of individual freedom and our resulting success:
Significance – Our ability to drive REAL results on every project we serve.
Courage – Doing what it takes to lean in, try something new, to learn, and to overcome challenges.
Accountability – We take responsibility. Always.
Leadership – Every employee at Hollaway is empowered to serve our clients with care, to grow, to lead, and to serve the greater communities in which we live, work, and play.
Empathy – We recognize the humanity and dignity of every person we encounter, and this is at the heart of everything we do.